Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
One day Pomru asked if we knew of a
recipe for doublechocolate chip cookies.
Despite just that day having gotten a cook book that boasted 55 of the
world's best chocolate cookie
recipes it did not have a recipe for double
chocolate chip cookies!
Shortly thereafter, after Pomru had
received his Christmas present from us, the NewType: How To Art Book
, he sent us email with the following message:
In appreciation of your gift, here's a recipe
This recipe will make about 18 cookies (1.5 dozen.)
- 1/2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened.
- 3/4 cup sugar (or 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup regular sugar.)
- 1 egg.
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional.)
- Sift flour and baking soda onto wax paper. Mix in whole wheat flour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter, sugar, egg,
chocolate and vanilla in a large bowl until
- Stir in flour mixture, chocolate pieces
and nuts until blended.
- Drop by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven for 12 minutes or until cookies
feel firm. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
The Chocolate Page
The Food Page
Return to the control division.
Page maintainer: email@example.com